• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2004 2.3 intake mod. 3in. Downspout pvc w/ drain insert,breathable foam,and screen. All at lowes. Disconnect the m.a.s. and battery cable twice while

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Picked up my Mustang from my friend Rick's shop after he rebuilt the trans a second time. Anyhow, drove it home and it ran fine. But, there was a CEL and a Service Engine soon light on. Ended up he forgot to plug the MAF in.

Moral of the story: car ran fine with the MAF unplugged. Only reason I knew something was wrong is the dash was lit up like a Christmas tree. LOL!!

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
You have a weird definition of 'fine'.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
As I said, car ran like I am used to. But it was only for a mile, then straight in the garage. It had been at his shop two months and was quite ugly. But, if the dash hadn't been lit up, I wouldn't have known anything was wrong. Perhaps if I had driven it more than a mile, I might have suspected something was amiss. But it responded to throttle and shifted like it always had in that mile. But there were like five or six codes. So I'm like "WTF, it never id this before!" Popped the hood and immediately saw what the problem was.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Oh forgot to mention the brake booster is not hooked up right either now. The 2.3 makes almost no vacuum while at highway speeds so there is a valve and port to the intake tube that allows it to switch over from behind the throttle body vacuum at low engine load, to before the throttle body vacuum at high engine load.

With that setup the booster can run out of vacuum if you brake hard on the highway....

This is the secondary pre-throttle plate line.... As you can see it runs up to the valve to the left of the booster that splits the two vacuum sources.

PXL_20210817_194228454.jpg

PXL_20210817_194459636.jpg

This is required for proper power brake operation on this engine...

89Twincharge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Looks like just need some gutter pipe and some duct tape and you can make a snorkel.... We had 2 cars come in today that sucked up water in the storm yesterday. Wish they had snorkels because clearing the water out is not fun, and not guaranteed to run after... The civic ran surprisingly after it getting out more then 2 gallons of water/oil milkshake

silverslug

Reaction score
Make / Model
>>>
I also spy one of those 'too furious' crankcase breathers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals