• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2003 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab - Bumper replacement

TheFlyingDutchman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey y'all,

My 2003 Ranger XLT needs to have its front bumper, valance, grill (&surrounding grillframe) replaced. We hit my buddies hitch dead on.

I refuse to put chrome on her, that's just a personal thing.

- i can find all these parts on CariD/carparts.com etc, but always 'just' for the XL, not XLT. Does the difference in trim matter? Would I need fillers on the sides?

- aren't all rangers 2000 and younger capable of swapping out bodyparts?

- also, the truckbed's having a big rust problem and I'm thinking of just straight up replacing the whole 6 feet of bucket. Where should I look for a (relatively) new one? I'm scouring scrapyards but the rangers they get in are usually in worse shape.

I appreciate y'alls help!

Bronc3

U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001/2002
Make / Model
Supercab FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
32-11.50
I don't know all the details so far as interchangeability, but most of the parts look the same, with different finishes for different trim levels. One thing I do know for certain is that I will never deal with CarID again. Their customer service is terrible, and they are absolute crooks when it comes to returns. They appear to have a good inventory, but pretty much just broker and drop ship. Slowest shipping on the planet too, especially processing through a third party.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
My credo
get outta my way, I'm falling!
LMC truck has an online catalog that shows the different styles