• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 Headlight housing

computersoc

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2001 Ranger XLT 2.5L. Will these work since I see some reviews for others say 2001 is listed as working but needs modifications to the wiring. I just want something similar that is plug and play so I can swap them myself.

My current stock headlamps are too low even though they're aligned as high as they go. My high beams are basically what I'd expect out of a low beam.

If I install LED 9007 bulbs in these housings that I linked, will I get rapid flicker of the turn signal or other issues? Or will I need an adapter so it doesn't do that?

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Every time someone posts about new headlights... I find myself "shopping" for new headlights. My factory lights are still in great shape and I don't need a set but some of them are pretty cool.

I think the common thread with most of these aftermarket offerings is... it's a total crapshoot. They come broke... don't fit... they fogged up... needs rewiring... it's always something. I didn't look to close at the reviews for the ones you posted... but the C clamp thing looks pretty cool. I say... if you are going that route... be prepared to have to modify something and expect a lesser quality part then what the factory parts are.

If you decide to buy a set... be sure to review them. They seem a bit pricey... but current as far as design.

computersoc

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Amazon has a good return policy so back they go if they are too much of a hassle. I'll update everyone on how it goes. Taking the headlight housing out doesn't look too hard. Anything has to be better than the stock lights.

kmbkk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2001 Ranger XLT 2.5L. Will these work since I see some reviews for others say 2001 is listed as working but needs modifications to the wiring. I just want something similar that is plug and play so I can swap them myself.

My current stock headlamps are too low even though they're aligned as high as they go. My high beams are basically what I'd expect out of a low beam.

If I install LED 9007 bulbs in these housings that I linked, will I get rapid flicker of the turn signal or other issues? Or will I need an adapter so it doesn't do that?
im interested in these as well. Did you ever buy them?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals