• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2001 2.3 ranger problems

willretire@40

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a few problems with this truck that I bought 4 months ago.

5 speed 2.3 ford ranger 86k miles reg cab xlt

I have a check engine light on but the diagnotisc plug doesnt work.

When I am slowing down the idle is rough sometimes and the truck turns off and the oil needle starts jumping right before it shuts off.

A/c stop working out of no where. The compressor doesnt turn on at all. When the a/c was working it only came out defrost vents.

If you could please help me with these problems that would be great because I am just sick of them. I drive this truck everyday.

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I do know that in some trucks the diagnostic plug runs off of the cigarette lighter fuse, so check that fuse and then see if it will work! I hope that helps!!

tex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a few problems with this truck that I bought 4 months ago.

5 speed 2.3 ford ranger 86k miles reg cab xlt

I have a check engine light on but the diagnotisc plug doesnt work.

When I am slowing down the idle is rough sometimes and the truck turns off and the oil needle starts jumping right before it shuts off.

A/c stop working out of no where. The compressor doesnt turn on at all. When the a/c was working it only came out defrost vents.

If you could please help me with these problems that would be great because I am just sick of them. I drive this truck everyday.

Check your ignition coil. I had a problems like that and changed plugs, etc. It was the coil going out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad