• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ranger.. soon to be LS powered

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
5.3l OHV is rated at about 270-290HP, so stock Ranger Pump would be "OK", I think they run 190LPH, but you could install a 255LPH pump on that assembly so fuel gauge and FPR were still functional

Oil pressure on the Ford cluster is just on or off so that would work for the LS
Temp gauge sender could be added to the heater hose, if the LS only used an ECT sensor
Tach works with Ford V8s so would with Chevy V8 as well, Chevy computer will have a Tach out wire

So easy enough to use the Ranger cluster

2000 Ranger uses the rear axle ABS speed sensor signal to GEM module in the dash and then to speedometer, so speedo and cruise could work with any engine and transmission setup

Marty

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Stock 5.3 may be ok....I can see volume issues with a cam and headwork/injectors.
Yea it’s stock. Plug and play...sort of haha. Current debacle is I have a returnless system with return rail setup on the fuel rail.

Marty

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
5.3l OHV is rated at about 270-290HP, so stock Ranger Pump would be "OK", I think they run 190LPH, but you could install a 255LPH pump on that assembly so fuel gauge and FPR were still functional

Oil pressure on the Ford cluster is just on or off so that would work for the LS
Temp gauge sender could be added to the heater hose, if the LS only used an ECT sensor
Tach works with Ford V8s so would with Chevy V8 as well, Chevy computer will have a Tach out wire

So easy enough to use the Ranger cluster

2000 Ranger uses the rear axle ABS speed sensor signal to GEM module in the dash and then to speedometer, so speedo and cruise could work with any engine and transmission setup
That’s great information to hear. This has been a budget build with me and my 2 sons. So being able to use what we already have would be nice.

many ideas for running a fuel rail with a return but having a returnless fuel system?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
+1 ^^^

You already have the return line on the gas tank, so you just need to connect it to the engine instead of the fuel filter, so extend it

If there is an FPR on the 5.3l fuel rail then you would need to pull the Ford in tank FPR off that line, not a big deal

JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the gm return style fuel rails have a fpr. so yea, pull the one in the tank and let her flow

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals