• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 ranger or 88 bronco

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
so i came across a complete 2000 ranger with the 4.0 OHV for a good price:headbang: xlt 4x4 extend cab etc. going to be picking it up at the end of the month

and

i have a 88 bronco with a pretty ruff body... on 35s 5.0 AOD, probably going to need a engine soon.

i am thinking of fixing the 2000 ranger up and selling it, it needs new air bags and front bumper and interior cleaned, has 150k on the drive-train.

or building it up to replace the bronco as my offroader/swapping parts into a BII,(like having a open cab). a SAS is a must if i keep the ranger, as my 35s from the bronco and 12k winch will be going onto it...

or i can swap the cab onto my bronco frame and sell the rest of it in parts?

just trying to figure out what i want to do, how hard is it to swap the new dash into say a bronco ii or older explorer 2 door sport?

biggest downfall i have with my bronco is how wide it is on the mountain trails, and been thinking of downsizing it before i dump money into it for a new engine and SAS. and i am getting the ranger for a steal and could easily sell it and fund my SAS.

just thinking what i should do:icon_welder:, :icon_confused:

here is my bronco in its current state,

the ranger is a stock ext cab flareside.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals