• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ranger/00 Explorer electrical gremlins

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
So my green Ranger project is nearing completion but I got some electrical gremlins on the loose apparently. I’m having a little trouble getting my head wrapped around the problems. Truck is a 2000 Ranger XLT extended cab, auto, 4.0, 4x4. Swapped the drivetrain from an Explorer, a 98 Eddie Bauer that I changed everything that needed to change (fuel rail and injectors, wiring harness, computer) to make it a 2000. Since my ABS didn’t seem to be working correctly I swapped the whole unit for the Explorer one. With my laptop hooked up, the ABS self-test comes back no problem. In the main codes I’m getting “battery voltage out of range” for the ABS. The service bleed on the ABS tells me that it’s activating the valves, then promptly says the service procedure was interrupted and nothing. Never hear the valves activate. Battery was at 11.8 volts when I first tried, so I charged the battery and at 12.4 volts got the same thing. Also got a couple other codes to deal with in the electrical realm. Oh, and if anyone has a hack to kill the 4x4 codes that are coming up since I have the AWD t-case now, that would be cool. Below is from my other post that has more information.

Oh, and I charged the battery up and tried again to bleed the ABS with no results. Well, first I did something about the leaky fitting. Apparently I must have done something to that fitting at some point and never finished because it was loose. So that’s resolved. But I’m still getting a code of B1676 - Battery voltage out of range for the ABS. Not sure what to make of that. All the fuses seem to be good. ABS module is connected and the self-test it reports good.

Few other codes I’m seeing, in the RAP module B1845 - ignition tamper circuit failure (not sure what to make of that since the truck starts just fine and the fuel pump works) and B1485 - brake pedal input circuit short to battery. In the PCM I have a few complaints, but I also have no exhaust and no oxygen sensors yet. Getting a code for engine coolant temp sensor out of bounds, but now that I think about it, I didn’t run it up to operating temp yet so that makes sense since you’re supposed to check warm. Need to figure out these other complaints though. Oh, and I’m getting an intake temp sensor code but I have a fix for that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals