• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 Ford Ranger front brakes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70R15
Hello!
Bought this 2000 Ford Ranger super cab xlt, has a 3.0 v6, 10inch rear drums, 4wheel abs, and a front coil suspension. I currently need to replace the rotors, brake pads, and calipers at the front. BUT. Everywhere I’m looking for a set of the calipers, pads, and rotors together they say it’s only for the “front torsion bar suspension” but since ford decided to make millions of configurations for this truck I can’t determine what parts are going to fit my trucks front brakes for its suspension, so does anybody have a clue if the rotors, calipers, and brake pads are exactly the same between the front torsion bar suspension and front coil spring suspension for my year ranger?

Any advice would be appreciated!

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
First, this thread should not be in the 2019 Ranger section. There is a brake section that should get more response to your question.

The 4WD and 2WD front rotors are different. There is an exception to this with the Edge model but you have coil suspension and don't need to be concerned about that. I don't know if the calipers and pads are different between 4WD and 2WD. Your best approach is to look for a brake system for 2WD. You do not indicate it is 2WD but 4WD does not come from the factory with coil suspension.

BeeCee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Something that I do from time to time if need part verification is simply look at the existing setup, in this case probably take wheel off etc., and then look at part pictures on RockAuto.com and/or autozone.com. You can always look at different years, trim levels, 2WDvs4WD, etc. and sometimes if there are multiple variations for same trim from factory it will prompt you to choose your setup, in which case you could choose both and compare. Don't think it's ever let me down. And you can obviously do this with other parts other than just brakes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals