• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2" body lift?

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
im looking to buy a 2" body from a 1994 ranger and use it in my 2007, basically all im using is the bolts and blocks, but i just want to confirm that the bolts would be the proper length, and thats i wouldnt need any special extensions just doing a 2" lift thanks

Stxrangerbumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2009 / 1993
Make / Model
B2300 / f250HD
Engine Size
v6 3.0L/ 7.3L
Transmission
Manual
nothing

Last edited:

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
put the block between leaf spring and spring perch and 2''coil spacer then change the camber angle for the wheel evenly over
What?

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It's diarrhea of the fingers. Someone answering a question they didn't bother to read and comprehend in the first place. Take note, if someone's signature reads like a 4 yr old wrote it then they prolly ain't the best at giving advice either.

I do know you won't need any extensions on a 2" body lift, as far as the bolts go, can't help there cuz I've never done it. Would be a safe bet to pull your bolts and match up as you go but have a driver handy in case you need to go pick some up.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
with only 2 inches of lift, you shouldn't need any extensions for shifters, steering, etc. on mine, the bumpers are frame mounted and you'll probably need to fab some new mounts if you want them lifted with the body. as yours is the fx4, i'm not sure if you'll need longer bolts for that model or not. just have to pull the first one and measure it up to the kit bolt and go from there. your local hardware store should have grade 8 bolts on the correct length if you need them. good luck and have fun with your project!

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
thanks a lot im looking to get it done within a few weeks ill keep posted

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
update, i got the lift in it was a 2" PA from a 1994, everything went fairly ok...only took about 2 hours to get the blocks and bolts in, im guna try to do the front bumper tonight, only problems were some of the bolts didnt work out as plan that came with the kit, and one of my pulleys cut into my AC line after i left the shop...damnit..but its winter so im ok for awhile, does anyone have any advice on lifting the front bumper?

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
update, i got the lift in it was a 2" PA from a 1994, everything went fairly ok...only took about 2 hours to get the blocks and bolts in, im guna try to do the front bumper tonight, only problems were some of the bolts didnt work out as plan that came with the kit, and one of my pulleys cut into my AC line after i left the shop...damnit..but its winter so im ok for awhile, does anyone have any advice on lifting the front bumper?
thats why u should have read directions on a new 3" kit, it tells u about the a/c line and sleeving with another hose

for the front, just make u some extension brackets out of 3/8" plate and drill holes to mount to the bumper and to the frame

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like just what i want to do with mine. did you happen to take any pics when you did your install? I'd like to see how much of a difference 2" made.

99rangerstd3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
sounds like just what i want to do with mine. did you happen to take any pics when you did your install? I'd like to see how much of a difference 2" made.
x2:icon_cheers:

07rangerfx4lv2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
didn't take any pics of the install, wasnt enough time haha, with the bumper we just ended up cutting some new holes in the frame, looks pretty good, we didnt extend anything, i could see how some people could run into problems with the shifter but since its the fx4 blah blah it has a bent shifter stick so it doesnt hit anything, it would probably hit with a 3" body lift though, as for the fan shroud we used one of the lowering brackets but the rest wouldnt fit, so we just just zipped tied the other corner and the bottem its not going anywhere, annd for the rear bumper i just used some diamond plate for the gap(i know most guys dont like it) but its only 2" and it looks better then a gap between my hitch, i actually kind of like the plate, most of the bolts worked out that came with the kit, we ran into problems with the in cab bolts though, they seem to need shorter ones then in 93, but we re-used a couple of the stock bed bolts and then ended up knocking through the other two through the whole bushing and mount and putting a nut on the end, also we have 2 leftover blocks? for a long bed model maybe? but im happy with the results its sitting fairly nice, 2"body 2"(keys, i know bad mistake), and 32" bfg km2s, might move to 33" in awhile, thanks.

sprocket226

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Would like to see a pic or two of the finished results!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals