• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L Catalytic Converter Gasket

icecoldkilla0601

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
This is my first post, so if i put this in the wrong place, my bad. :)icon_confused:) MY exhaust is leaking and sounds like an airplane going down the road. I have located the leak to be the front-most gasket on the catalytic converter. My Chilton book doesn't enlighten on if there is anything special I need to take into consideration when replacing the little lead doughnut that I have. Is this a very difficult replacement and about how long should it take?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Time and difficulty both depend greatly on the level of degradation on the bolts.

The donuts are easy to replace. Any flat gaskets I replace on exhaust systems I put a little copper silicone on both sides. Helps keep them from leaking.

Also, get a bottle of anti-seize and coat the threads of any hardware you put in there.

icecoldkilla0601

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks. I'll probably work on it this weekend, and I'll let you know how it goes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals