• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3 Water Pump Exit Pipe - Where to find?

killacal

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hi,

I've been putting off fixing my heater hose leak because I was afraid I would break this tube... well It broke, and now I can't find a replacement. Does anyone know where I can find one? I posted an image below:

This is for a 97 Ford Ranger, 2wd, 2.3.

Thanks!

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual

killacal

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Just to close this thread out, I was able to buy the down pipe at a local dealer for less than the TASCA ebay sight... but they talked me into an O-Ring I couldn't see. When I re-installed the pipe I made sure to run a bear of RTV around the base just to make sure it sealed.

After installing the lower pipe I put it back toughener and noticed the thermostat housing was leaking... and was rotted pretty good. I ended up picking up the new thermostat housing, and thermostat at my local Advanced Auto parts.

Everything is back together and there are no leaks to be found.

Murdoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
killacal,

I'm having to do the same thing you did, except in opposite order.

I have already replaced the thermostat housing because it was rotted and leaking. Now, after replacing the lower radiator hose, there is another leak. As far as I can tell, it is coming from that pipe. It must have been ready to go and replacing the hose must have cracked it.

Was it hard to replace? How long did it take? I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to see if they have one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals