• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3 Lima

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Gonna get a 460
Transmission
Automatic
My Lima is a hunk of trash. I'm going to take it out and haul it away for scrap metal...

pocket-rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl.
Transmission
Manual
I don't know what all Jet does to their chips now, but years ago my friend showed me the stock spark table for an Grand Prix and the spark table from a Jet chip (DIS). Well the only thing I saw was they bumped up the spark advance at WOT. That was it. I would hope by now they do more then that, because yes, bumping up spark timing will help, but not as much as an actual tune will, which takes some time to get right. I say if there is a money back guarantee on it, go for it if you want. But be sure you can tell without a doubt that it did add some performance, and if it didn't, send it back for your money back. I want to do a tune on my truck, but later down the road I also want to turbo it, and I am not familiar with the settings in the Ford ECMs.

pops13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
re

I have read that the duratecs are all alluminum, I question the durabillity of this, I know they are noisey motors, having driven a couple of them. how are they holding up? I would like to get a newer truck in a few months, I would like to stay with a 4 cyl. for the mileage, but I may look for a 3 liter v6 if the new 4 bangers start having trouble at 75000 and up. anyone have any exp. with a duratec over 75000?

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have checked on focus websites and rangerpowersports.com and read about a few ppl had duratec's with over 300k and still runnin full compression at each cylinder. and a few others that were company work trucks that get beat by many different drivers with well over 200k runnin strong as ever.:headbang:

the duratec has a long life span.. sounds like a diesel and lasts like one lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals