• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1st time prepping my 2WD truck for offroading

jpnes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Im new here, so bare with me ;o)
I have a stock 08 Ranger Sport, with factory rims and tires.... Ive worned out the suspension and the tires are done... I figured might as well get the 30's BFG M/T i wanted. My delema is that I need to replace the shocks ASAP, i thought of getting the FABTECH 3" Lift kit package but because of the torsion bars i have to go with the spindle kit that forces me to replace my rims, is there any way i can keep my factory rims with the future 30's and still lift my truck 3" without the clearance issue with the upper control arm??
If so, what would you recommend i get to lift it?

Thanks for your input! :icon_hornsup:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
a body lift would solve the problem.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
but u wont need more lift to clear 30"s

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
I have the 3inch lift spindles and it works fine with the stock rims and tires. you could fit 30s np now if you want to eventually go larger you will prolly want diffrent rims. i used some procomp steelies that are only about 60 bucks a piece for 15x8in rims which is what you would want. if not you can use the stock rims just you dont really wanna go over 31s at the max cause of the backspacing. oh and since you are in SoCal look at doetsch tech they have spindles which is what mine are and they are way cheaper. http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/21.asp this is the link. i've never had a problem and the lady was really nice but be warned people have had problems so just a suggestion

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
'Ive worned out the suspension'....how did you do that on an '08 truck? Just get the components you need to lift and fit the tires you want. A bl is a cheaper way to go sometimes, unless you want to use spacers or what ever your '08 can use in other words. If you are putting on 30's you should not need anything really. My stock 99 had 30's on it and I had plenty of room!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Here is my '99 with 30x10.5 tires. This is right after Firestone had that tire recall. I bought my '99 Ranger brand new July '99. Firestone sent me a check in the mail for the recall and I bought new tires of my choice and I only spent $42.00 of my own money for the difference for the new 30x10.5 tires. The next year I did the suspension lift and put on my first set of 33x12.5 KO tires. I am on my second set of KO tires and I think they are really great all around tires for my needs (no mudding).

DLABdan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, i put 31 BFG m/t's on my stock '05 EDGE no problems at all. just the problem with fuel economy.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Im new here, so bare with me ;o)
I have a stock 08 Ranger Sport, with factory rims and tires.... Ive worned out the suspension and the tires are done... I figured might as well get the 30's BFG M/T i wanted. My delema is that I need to replace the shocks ASAP, i thought of getting the FABTECH 3" Lift kit package but because of the torsion bars i have to go with the spindle kit that forces me to replace my rims, is there any way i can keep my factory rims with the future 30's and still lift my truck 3" without the clearance issue with the upper control arm??
If so, what would you recommend i get to lift it?

Thanks for your input! :icon_hornsup:

How did you wear out the suspension on an 08 Ranger, Bro?? I have a
lifted 2wd Ranger that the suspension is perfect on it. I take it off road twice a month and it is a dd as well.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
if your suspension is toast, i bet your frame is bent. ive seen the stock suspension take jumps with out a problem

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals