• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1st gen suspension setups

88xltranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
I'm really interested in the AJE kit as well. I'm doing a full custom ranger build right now and I'm torn between making the I beams work with what I want or ditching it for something better. Rack and pinion, tons of brake options, drop in motor mounts...yesss

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Can't speak to that kit in particular but it appears to involve some pretty extensive frame modifications. I wish they had better pictures. I'm curious specifically about the part where it says engine mounts included - does that mean that they intend for you to remove the engine crossmember?

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual
Can't speak to that kit in particular but it appears to involve some pretty extensive frame modifications. I wish they had better pictures. I'm curious specifically about the part where it says engine mounts included - does that mean that they intend for you to remove the engine crossmember?
Frame modifications....no big deal. Just buzz off all the old brackets and cross members. The K-member becomes your engine crossmember which can accept several different mounts that they make. If you look into their K-members for Mustangs theirs alot of info out there for that. Basically the same thing just for different platforms. i originally looked into AJE for my 69 mustang.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Yeah, I figured that was the case. I am no stranger to frame mods and have removed Ranger engine crossmembers several times, mostly just curious what the end result looks like. Torch or plasma cutter makes pretty quick work of it.

I have always kinda wanted to remove the engine crossmember on my rock crawler and replace it with something that takes up less space, thus maybe making it possible to lower the truck a little (front diff clearance issues are a problem) and/or gain more uptravel. But it seems to me that the crossmember adds a significant amount of rigidity to the frame.

Yotaismygame

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Splash 2wd
Transmission
Manual

Pretty much the only pics out there. I've seen a few more from customers but they show the same basic stuff.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals