• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1998 & Newer specific Ranger problems.....

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
How do you actually get it from them? Oh their website I'm seeing it as unavailable both in store and online.
True, but notice where it says "Not Available at Selected Store" there's a hot-link that says "Call Store to Order"

I ordered it on a Sunday (in person, there for other stuff anyway), and they had it on Tuesday... back around Dec. 2020 IIRC... can't remember if I had to pay in advance, but no biggie, THEY'LL ORDER IT, because... hey, they want your money! (OTOH, I'm guessing it's "under the table" because FoMoCo not thrilled they're selling it at a STEEP discount!)

PS: Besides curing "Driveshaft Clunk", it's also a pure-synthetic (baby blue color) grease that's safe for all PLASTICS, so I'm using it to rebuild my PVH hubs... may also end up using in on my Herman Miller office chair rocking mechanism.

Last edited:

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
Any luck getting O'Reilly to order the Secret Squirrel FoMoCo XG-8 grease for you?

Saxwing1988

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3” with torsion crank
Tire Size
33x12.5
The pats system is probably the most annoying thing in my opinion but i put a 3 inch body lift on mine and I will say it has made every fix I've ever had to do so much easier it opens everything up so much more

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad