• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1997 2wd Coil Springs - wrong part?

jow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6-cylinder 3.0L Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
I ordered replacement coil springs to redo the front suspension on my son's Ranger ('97 2WD regular cab) and thought I ordered the right part (ACDELCO 45H1037).
Even now, I don't see a better option I could've selected (ordered from rockauto) and I'm really starting to suspect they sent me the wrong part.

From looking at other websites (amazon, partsgeek, and summit) and even their own, I think the ACDELCO 45H1037 looks similar to what's there in my son's truck now.
In particular, it has one end bent inward, where the retainer and bolt would go on the lower end.

But the ACDELCO 45H1037 coil springs I received from them don't look that way at all.
What I received looks identical no matter how you rotate it, has no inward bend in either end and it's a smaller diameter.
The box says ACDELCO 45H1037, but I'm thinking they have the wrong coil springs inside it? Maybe??

Before I go and complain that they've messed up a second order in one week, does anyone have any insights?

Did I maybe order the wrong part (should I have ordered something not ACDELCO 45H1037)?
Or did they just send me the wrong part, even though box clearly says the right part number?
Or is there maybe something else I'm missing entirely?

I just want some confirmation before I accuse them (again). :-/

coilsprings1.jpg: shows overhead view of old coil spring next to new supposedly ACDELCO 45H1037 coil spring
coilsprings2.jpg: shows the inside twist in the old coil spring
coilsprings3.jpg: shows no inside twist in the new 'supposedly' ACDELCO 45H1037 spring
coilsprings4.jpg: shows difference in diameter

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
well the big is is certainly to small to sit in the coil bucket.

jow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6-cylinder 3.0L Flex Fuel
Transmission
Automatic
It stinks having to wait another 5 days to get that part. I was planning on finishing everything up this weekend. But I went ahead and submitted a return authorization.

I'm pretty well convinced that ACDelco 45H1037 is the right part to order, but they somehow sent the wrong part inside the right box.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals