• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1996 Ranger Splash 5.0 W/M112 Supercharger

mikesfiero

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My adapter is WAY too short to fit any type of intercooler in it. The total height is 1.5". As for the gauge, I needed something that had data logging capability. If you read up on different sensors, Zeitronix has one of the most accurate sensors on the market.

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not worried about datalogging, I have an SCT X4, did you use an aftermarket fuel rail or relocate the shrader valve & FPR?

SVT

mikesfiero

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
SVT,
I did use after market fuel rails. I relocated the FPR to the back of the passenger rail. I have not added a schrader valve yet. I have many placed I can add it though. For some reason this is the only thing I don't have a pic of. :( I have an X3 loader but I can't get it to work on my older PC laptop and of course they don't work on a Mac which is my main laptop.

Mike

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
What ecu are you running? You might be able to use the same tune as me once I tune mine...

SVT

mikesfiero

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
SVT,
My ECU is an SLL3. Who do you use to tune yours? If we are running similar boost I would love to try your tune.

Thanks,
Mike

erikm

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
would a 2007-10 GT500 supercharger work the same as what you guys used?

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
SVT,
My ECU is an SLL3. Who do you use to tune yours? If we are running similar boost I would love to try your tune.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike, just saw this post, lol. I do my own tunes using SCT. I'm running an XDT2 ecu. I'll keep in touch when I do mine...
would a 2007-10 GT500 supercharger work the same as what you guys used?
That would be the M122, which is the one I'm using, but mine is from a 2012 with less than 500 miles...

SVT

erikm

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That would be the M122, which is the one I'm using, but mine is from a 2012 with less than 500 miles...

SVT[/QUOTE]

the one i found has 9k on it for 640.00 shipped. need to find a supplier for the alum. plate and get some measuring done

thanks, Erik

mikesfiero

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I was going to use the M122 but decided against it only because of the side the inlet is on. I wanted as close to a factory looking install I could get. Not to mention the M112 I bought was in my city and only $300. Hard to turn down.

mikesfiero

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Here's a little update on my supercharger install. I had smoked my intake to find some intake leaks as I was getting codes p0171 and p0174. I found a huge leak between the super and upper intake. Also one of my intake ports was leaking from between the lower intake and head so off it all came. Sealed everything up and now my fuel trims are good and my boost is steady at 6PSI.

Smoking out the leaks!

As I had to remove the lower intake I took some pics of how my FPR is mounted as I forgot to take pics of this when I first put it together.

While the supercharger was removed, I took the opportunity to paint it the same colour as the upper intake and throttle body. VHT Burnt Copper

Finished Product...

mikesfiero

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Edgefevah
The link didn't work.

ford_ranger12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm currently doing the same M122 swap on my 5.0 in my 03 ranger edge. I love seeing these pics. But I was wondering if you would be willing to make one of these intakes and sell it? I bought one from a guy off eBay that was selling one of the old JDBmod intakes they use to sell. Thought I got lucky not having to try and make it myself and made the mistake of buying it out of eBay for a cheaper price. Needless to say when it arrived it was so warped I could see all the way through under the supercharger with it sitting on top of it and the guy never responded to me after I said something about it. I paid $500 for this steel p.o.s. I don't care about the height, I had already intended on cutting the hood. But I wanted an aluminum one originally. And I have a 1.200" billetflow pulley snout adapter on it now to bring the snout out further so it shouldn't be too much different in measurement than what you've got already. (My plan is to get a new plate welded to the top just was checking other options)

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals