• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1996 Ranger Cruise Control Swith(es) Replacement

SoCo66

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
31 x 10.50 R15
Greetings all! Though new here, I've owned my 1996 Ranger 4x4 XLT since 2001 when it was purchased as an errand/junk runner 2nd vehicle. In 2004 my daily driver was T-boned/totaled and, out of necessity, the Ranger became my DD 'til 2014 when it was once again relegated to occasional errand/junk running duties. Since then, I've accumulated a number of deferred maintenance items which have cropped up over the past few years and am now ready to start rehabbing the ol' gal and getting 'er back into shape.

One of the items on my to-do list is the replacement of the steering wheel-mounted cruise control switches. While still functional, they both (left & right) dangle from the wheel having suffered broken mounting tabs. While I've come across a number of (YouTube) videos regarding replacement of the switches, all seem to be focused on the 1998-2003 models... Can anyone confirm that the switches for the 1996-'97 Ranger are removed/replaced in the same fashion?

For reference, here is one of the better videos that I came across for the R&R process on a 1998-2003

Thanks in advance!

holyford86

Some guy with a problem
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
many
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
33x12.50R15
They're the same

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals