• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1996 B2300 Extended Cab Headliner Replacment

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hi,

New to the forums but have already gotten several insights to other issues with my B2300. I'm going to replace the headliner covering and I'm looking for any details on unfastening and removing the headliner. I know the visors, hand hold, dome light need to come off. I'm really looking for details on removing door and extended cab trim. I see the plastic buttons fasteners but are there more clips in the cab area which need to be removed? Is removing post mounted seat belt necessary?

Any suggestions or details are appreciated.
Toga

Last edited:

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
B2300 Headliner Removal Procedure

This is the procedure I've come up with:
1) Remove visors, 3 screws, 1 screw for visor stabilizer
2) Remove passenger hand hold, 2 bolts 7/16 deep
3 Remove garment hanger 1 screw
4) Remove dome light cover and light base 3 screws.
5 ) Remove forward cab door trim, pry off outside edge and start from middle of cab and work forward, one clip mid section and forward pillar has two clips which can be pryed off when revealed by prying down on outer edge of trim.
6) Remove passenger seat, 4 bolts 10 mm ( I think) and the seat belt mount (30 T ) as it
is attached to left inside passenger seat rail.
7) Remove rocker panel cover 4 screws
8) Remove rear cab trim panel below window 6 screws
9) Remove passenger side interior cab trim. Rear window screws (2) will need to come out for this. There are 5 plastic retainer pins. The best way I found to remove the clips was to use the panel itself to pull them out. (I busted one). There is also a screw which holds the panel to the floor. It is adjacent to the seat belt floor mount. You can remove the seat belt mount (50 T) and then slide the seat belt out and actually remove the rear cab trim panel. I left the seat belt attached as I had the rear cab trim panel completely loose and I could lay it down.
10) Lay driver seat back and slide seat back as far as it will go.
11) Twist black clip on headliner, just below where hand hold was attached, to a veritcal
position. Push up on headliner while twisting black clip to rotate beneath headliner.
12) Free headliner from driver side cab rear panel. Headliner will now slip out of driver cab rear trim panel. Headliner is free at this point.
13) Remove headliner out passenger door. Drop front of headliner while twisting front left down until it slips out doorway.
Will post pictures when I reassemble.

Mirage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
So did you get it recovered? Love to see the pics. Need to do mine and had the same questions as to how to get the headliner out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals