• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 Truck Bed

bmking16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I apologize if this question has be asked before but are there any companies out there that make a full reproduction bed? After 25 years of Northeast PA weather my truck box is finally rotting pretty back. Weighing options as to if i want to put an aluminum flatbed on it, or make my own, or get a replacement bed. Most take offs up here are pretty rough due to the weather.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
After 10 years of Maine winters I had to replace the bed on my '10. Went the flatbed route. I went with steel, as my truck is 2wd and I knew I could conveniently make it an amount heavier than the factory one so I wouldn't have to worry about adding weight for winter.

I THOUGHT it was going to be much cheaper than it actually was lol. I spent probably 3/4 as much making mine as a ready to go aluminum unit would of costed. Considering the time I spent making the thing along with the cost, "next time" I'm just buying one lol.

bmking16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Blmpkn , Alumna make a flatbed for the ranger. Waiting for a price from local dealer. Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the time and effort involved

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
I haven't heard of a company making a Fully put together factory replacement bed for the rangers. They do sell replacement panels to replace the rotted ones but that is a pretty involved and expensive process unless you have the time, equipment and knowledge to do it yourself. I ran across one up here close to me that only needed one rail under it to be replaced for $300 asking cost but I don't need a bed so I let that deal go by. Maybe before you order a flat bed one will pop up close to you that will suit your need for cheap like the deal I mentioned. The one I found was over in Schenectady NY. but I'm further north than you so for me it was a feasible drive to snag it.

Alan_nc

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
How about a vacation in the South. Every junk yard down here probably has 5 of them. $250 to 700 depending on condition or how bad they want to sell them. Shoot, if you have a way to get it home you can get a complete (non-running but good body) Ranger for under $1000.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals