• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 Explorer Theft light came on while driving home

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
Another oddity of this Explorer.

This to my understanding does not use a PATS system and the alarm system is the aftermarket 'code alarm' box that is 'ford labeled'

It just the module box under the dash that acts like just a starter imob unless you either unlock the doors with the remote, or trigger the 'valet' switch.

So knowing this doesn't have or use (at least not to my understanding) the ford factory alarm system but that wonderful aftermarket pile of wonder....

Why would the "THEFT" light come on my cluster on the way home from work? It was on for about 5 minutes and then shut itself off. There's no chip to read on the key for PATS, and there's not that neato remote keypad on the door...

Just concerned the truck will decide to not start on me, or die while driving it. Some of the net searching was kinda scary--It didn't address however the fact I have a 1995, and the ones listed stated 99 and up for issues.

Odder and odder...

S-

Tedybear

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2001
Make / Model
1994 Ford Bronc
Engine Size
5.8v8
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Failing is easy. Everyone can do it.
As a side note: We just did the O2 sensor. The last owner it would seem installed a used O2 sensor and cross threaded it. I managed to get the replacement sensor installed, and as soon as the crush washer touched the pipe? 1/4 turn and stopped. Anymore and it would fully strip out what little threads it had left.

Okay, enough of that rant.

The 'Theft' light. Just as an sidebar note: That light does not come on with the rest of the cluster lights during the start up tests. So I'm wondering what caused that little wonder to light up on the way home..........

Have a nice day!

S-

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Maybe the truck is telling you to drive it like you stole it. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals