• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995-1997 ford ranger no power to fuel pump

kleo84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i've checked the forums, most of the topics that related to this die down....unless it's somewhere else i can't find...wish there was a forum search or something....

I've checked all relays, fuses, inertia switch, replaced fuel pump, pulled apart every electrical connection and cleaned with electrical contact cleaner....i've run out of options. please help. or point me in the right direction with pics and links.

Thank you

budro

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Need to get a multimeter or test light and ohm or check out the wiring going to the fuel pump relay and from the relay to the pump. Only way to check to see where the fault is. Disconnecting and cleaning isnt going to fix the wire if it is broken somewhere in between.

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i've checked the forums, most of the topics that related to this die down....unless it's somewhere else i can't find...wish there was a forum search or something....

I've checked all relays, fuses, inertia switch, replaced fuel pump, pulled apart every electrical connection and cleaned with electrical contact cleaner....i've run out of options. please help. or point me in the right direction with pics and links.

Thank you
Need to get a multimeter or test light and ohm or check out the wiring going to the fuel pump relay and from the relay to the pump. Only way to check to see where the fault is. Disconnecting and cleaning isn't going to fix the wire if it is broken somewhere in between.
as stated get a multimeter and start testing for power.

remember you will only have power for a few seconds after KOEO.

When you replaced the fuel pump did you remove the bed?

is the bed off now?

spray starter fluid or pour 1/4 cup of gas into the throttle body? does it start? The reason I want you to use starter fluid into the TB is to see that you have spark and timing?

please answer ALL the ?

Last edited:

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Thank you
are you sure it is a problem with the fuel and not spark or a BROKEN TIMING BELT

WarHawk-AVG

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Semper Fi

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals