• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Sale 1994 Ranger Splash 460/c6

wz junk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Transmission
Automatic
1994 Ford Ranger Splash, 460 cubic inch engine, C6 transmission. Just completed with about 1000 miles. Driven daily. Built to compete in Hot Rod Drag Week and Rocky Mountain Race Week events. Street legal. Tilted, state safety inspected, and licensed. Complete build book and build photos go with the truck, along with build notes, instructions, and parts receipts. Please contact me for details and any questions you may have. Located near Neosho, MO $12,500. Please contact me with a personal message through this board with a phone number and I will be glad to call you or request my phone number and I will supply it to you. I do not give my number out on the internet.

1969 Thunderbird 429 block and heads with a new crankshaft to make 466 cubic inches

Lunatic 290 camshaft, lifters, springs, and pushrod guides

Holley 750 cfm carburetor, Edelrock Performer intake

GM style HEI distributor

Functioning cowl induction hood

New radiator, shroud, and two 12” electric fans that are temperature controlled and adjustable

Rebuilt c6 transmission with shift kit and higher stall speed convertor, Winters lockout shifter

Driveshaft safety loop

3:73 Ford Explorer posi trac rear (used) Cal trac style traction bars, new air shocks

Wide rear wheels with nearly new drag radials (about 1000 miles)

New battery

All original gauges in the dash work, gps speedometer in the original gauge cluster, and an addition 3 electronic gauge panel is under the dash

New Autometer shift light tachometer.

Functional heater and radio

Power steering and 4 wheel power disc brakes

Complete new exhaust

Attachments

Last edited:

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
thats awesome! completely impractical, but awesome! need a in-bed fuel cell disguised as a tool box, that stock 14 gallon tank wont last long, Guess it would work for drag racing though.

wz junk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks, It gets fair mileage but not like the original truck mileage. It is easy to drive and is much like an original Ranger until you push on the loud pedal.

I looked at your photos of the trailer build. Since I have a couple of parts trucks, I intend to build a trailer much like yours. How long is the tongue from the front of the bed to the hitch ball ? How does it pull at Interstate speeds?

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
5’,3” from bed front to ball. I cut the frame right behind the transmission crossmember, notched the frame in front of where the rear cab mount brackets were, bent the ends in and used 3x3 box beam as a toungue. where the frame rails meet there is 3’ of toungue forward from that point, it goes back under the bed some, I forget how much and I have a angle iron crossmember welded to it and each framerail side. Its plenty strong, this spring I brought home a cubic yard of dirt home from town )approx 3,000 pounds) It tows fine, I did use the truck axle and its full of fresh oil for the bearings. Youll want as much frame ahead of the box as you can for toungue weight, without my front gear box and spare tire its so light on the front that you can effortlessly raise the front by pushing on the tailgate. Surprisingly the weight of ranger trailer without toolbox, spare tire, tailgate & rear bumper is about 700#. I had it weighed that way so it would be as light as possible for licensing reasons. (I should of pulled the bed too and just had a sheet of plywood on the frame) Id love to make it a dump bed but its worked good the way it is.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals