• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 Power Locks Wiring Diagram

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Anyone have it or can link me where i can find it?

Long story short, i installed the power door harness from a 1993 into my 1993 and according my 1993 evtm, the black/white wire to the power lock switch should be hot, but it's not, and the black wires that should be ground are in fact the hot ones. Now I'm wondering if my diagram is wrong and they updated it in 1994. Help?

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Heres the 1994 door lock diagram
Thank you!
Now i'm at a loss. All i did was plug in the harness and the black/white and black wires are reversed polarities. Don't know what exactly is wrong, assuming my door harness or my truck's existing harness is stock and not tampered with. Did Ford somehow switch wires around for trucks that didn't have power doors?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I can't say I have ever run into a solid black wire that was 12v, except battery cables, in general wiring its always 0v(ground)

Black with a stripe, yes, they can be 12v

So yes thats odd

How are you measuring the volts?
i.e. if you measure a devices ground wire FROM the device it will show 12volts, if device is powered, the 12v passes thru the device

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
I can't say I have ever run into a solid black wire that was 12v, except battery cables, in general wiring its always 0v(ground)

Black with a stripe, yes, they can be 12v

So yes thats odd

How are you measuring the volts?
i.e. if you measure a devices ground wire FROM the device it will show 12volts, if device is powered, the 12v passes thru the device
So a quick update to this. I used my DMM to pinpoint the problem: two wires of opposite polarity were switched on the passenger side switch connection. I guess the previous owner of the harnesses had something done at some point. Anyways, it now matches the correct configuration, as pictured in the EVTM. Both door lock switches and the passenger window switch are basically shot, so i ordered new ones. All the wiring though is complete and working.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals