spyhawk36

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone,
I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 3.0 Long Bed Standard Cab. I bought the truck about a year and a half ago. I have been fixing up the things that are wrong with it slowly.
Why are Fuel Tank Filler Necks so expensive? At the local AutoZone near me they are $185.99. I have a Long Bed 7 foot (113.9 inch wheel base). I looked at other places online and nobody seems to have filler necks for long beds. I can fine them for short beds, extended cabs all day long. Can anyonepoint me in the right direction for a cheaper alternative or web site that sells fillers necks for a standard cab with a 7 foot bed?

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 173A8B749AB83C Expires: January 1, 2020

Grumpaw

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
As far as cost, that is right at what LMC Truck Parts, Ranger catalog, prices theirs at for a 94 short bed.
But, they don't list one for a 93 and up long bed. Their long bed listing only goes up to 1992.
Maybe someone else will chime in and know if that one would work.
Another possibility...buy one for a 94 short bed and splice in a piece of gas rated hose to make it fit the long bed.

I think I found one...
Go to Ford Parts Giant web site. They carry a lot of Ford discontinued parts. Enter your vehicle, and scroll to gas tanks/lines/parts. They show several for the different wheel bases and bed styles. Not cheap tho.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

Bird76Mojo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 & 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 - 5.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4" Superlift
Tire Size
33"
My credo
Good enough
Junkyard. Problem solved. Cheap.

Take your old one with you to make sure it's the same, or close enough that it will work.