• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 Ford ranger no crank no fuel.

jester4255

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I Replaced The Clutch, Slave And Master Cylinder And The Connecting Hose In My 94 Ford Ranger 4.0 2 Wheel Drive 5 Speed Manual Trans 2 Days Ago, I Tried To Start It That Night And Figured I Would Leave It In Gear With The Clutch Engaged To Verify That Everything Was Bled Properly As I Started It The Truck Learched Forward. So I Bled The Slave Cylinder The Next Morning With A Vacum Bleeder. And Had My Wife Press The Clutch In While I Viewed Through The Trans View Port And The Clutch Engaged So We Tried To Start It With No Responce. The Lights On The Dash And The Radio Came On But The Starter Didnt Turn Over And The Fuel Pump Didnt Prime In The "on" Position. We Thought The Battery Died So We Had Our Friend Give Us A Jump To No Avail. I Did Some Slight Trouble Shooting While We Where There And Jumped The Starter Relay And It Turned Over But With No Fuel It Didnt Start. Checked All The Fuses And Relays. Also Put A Multimeter On The Input Wire Of The Relay And Turned The Key To Start While Viewing The Meter And Had 0 Volts From The Ignition Switch. Ripped The Ignition Switch Out And Verified That It Is In Working Order. Now My Question Is, Is There Any Part Of The Electrical Circuit That Would Cause Both The Fuel Pump And The Starter To Quit Working At The Same Time, Besides The PCM. I Know My Truck Has An Inertia Switch And A PCM.. But From The Wiring Diagram I Am Looking At The Inertia Switch Would Only Control The Fuel, And I Am Hoping It Isnt The PCM Since That Is A $217 Part And If It Isnt The Problem I Cant Return It After It Is Installed. I am curently trouble shooting the electrical harnesses Any And All Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!!!

Jolly Roger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im going through the same problem with my jeep. Replaced or tried a different every thing electrical on it. Exept a ecm or wire harness. I had my ecm checked by two different guys thay said it was good. Next step wiring harness. One guy told me if the check engine light dosent light up with the key in the on position. The ecm has no ground or no power. Not sure if thats true but mine dosent light up. Good luck.

racing83x

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
check every single ground you can see in the engine bay. also make sure that your clutch triple function switch is connected. its the goofy lookin thing around the clutch pedal rod going through the fire wall.

Duane867

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Your starter relay is shot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals