• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 Explorer

Bruce

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
1994 Explorer, DPFE failure

I have a 1994 Explorer 4.0 and im going thru PDFE's about once a month or so..is there a cure for this (code 327) at least i have a 2 year warranty on it..lol buts its beginning to be a pain.:sad:

Last edited:

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
If you are going through DPFE's like that unless you are buying plain crap I'd say that's not the issue. A trouble code doesn't specify that exact part is bad most of the time. If the DPFE code comes up when I read it or just about any code it's time to get out a scanner. As an example a Snap-On scanner will show me all the ranges and specs on the sensors. Since the DPFE is a feedback sensor look at the EGR valve itself. I had a customer with similar issues. He was getting pissed on the 3rd DPFE and I suggested cleaning the EGR valve. Guess what? No more DPFE issue.

Course don't just stop at the EGR valve. Clean the mounting plate area as well. Clear the code and see if that will stop the issue.

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
I was just looking through my code book. There is no #327. I even tried #1327 and nothing. Pull the code again and post it.

Donnie strickland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
From the service manual:

"DTC 327 indicates the Pressure Feedback EGR (PFE) / Differential Pressure Feedback EGR (DPFE) sensor signal is less than the Self-Test minimum value of 0.2 volt.

Possible causes:

Damaged PFE/DPFE sensor.
Open harness circuits.
Shorted harness circuits.
Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)."

According to this it sounds like an electrical problem. Sorry, that's all I've got. My truck doesn't have EGR so I've never faced this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals