• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 B3000 3.0 Manual Trans Problems

kylep123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I bought this truck just to get me to school and back, it has a ton of miles and is not in the most pristine shape, but for $2000 I love it. I was driving to school and shifted into 3rd with no response, 4th also reacted the same. The shifter seems to drop into position and will not fall out but will only rev as if it were in neutral. 1st, 2nd, 5th, and Reverse all work fine. I had no other problems with the truck or tranny and drove it around town only when I needed to, with limited gears. I had one instance when the truck would not engage any gears what so ever, like the clutch was out. I thought maybe the brakes had seized up, checked them by pushing the truck in neutral, had no problems moving it then was able to engage 5th. Burned up the clutch a little getting it to move (was in precarious position) then suddenly I had 1st, 2nd, 5th and reverse again. This is blowing my mind. I'm thinking of just going to the local pick-a-part and pulling a tranny and crossing my fingers that it will work. Any ideas of if what i have now is fixable? if not, any tips on picking a junk yard tranny? additionally what is interchangeable? i have it as 1994 mazda b3000 manual tranny = 1994 ranger= 1991-1993 mazda b3000 tranny.

Thanks!!!
Kyle

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
*can a mod move this to the transmissions section*

Sorry, this will get a lot more traffic and input if its in the trans section, as there are only a few of us that check into the b series section haha. I'd love to help but Im not experienced in diagnosing transmission problems haha.

Last edited:

kylep123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I can move it, but i figured since mine is a Mazda and not a Ranger that it belongs here?

Thed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
M5OD's have notoriously weak shifting arms. But not having any gears has me thinking that that isn't it.

kylep123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
M5OD's have notoriously weak shifting arms. But not having any gears has me thinking that that isn't it.
Could I have had a temporary clutch problem? if you put that piece of info aside, does the shifting arm seem to fit as a problem?

Thanks

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I can move it, but i figured since mine is a Mazda and not a Ranger that it belongs here?
your mazda is a ranger. the only difference is the sheet metal. drivetrain is the same therefore it would be more effective to post in a trans specific section.

I'm pretty sure if you had clutch problems all gears would be affected.

kylep123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I swapped the tranny for a junk one, left the clutch cause I was tight on cash and it shifts like a dream...now to deal with the head gasket. Yaaaaaay

THanks

shetries2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
b 3000
Transmission
Manual
SLAVE CYLINDER AND MAKE SURE THE TRANNY AND BELL HOUSING ARE TIGHT.THE SLAVE GET AIR AND
HAVE TO REMOVE IT AND HANG IT TO GET THE AIR OUT
SORRY CAPS IS ON

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals