• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 4x4 Reverse Lockout Spring

Beaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 litre
Transmission
Manual
I was removing the shifter in my new to me 1994 Ford Manual 4x4 when I heard the Reverse Lockout release it's tension.

I think I have a pretty good handle on how this whole area works. But, there's a spring that maintains the tension for the Reverse Lockout and I think this guy has slipped from it's home. Does anyone have any idea where the upper end of this spring should go? I can see a little of it but there's no way in hell I can get a good view of it. It would appear the entire truck is built around it.:bawling:

I have either Reverse Lockout On all the time No Reverse Lockout at all. Either one of these modes are set by whether or not I have the Lockout engaged or dis-engaged during assembly.

There is some tension on the Lockout prior to setting either modes. However, once the Lockout is pushed to the limit that it would be during operation, the tension increases until the spring slips, you can hear it and tension is then lost and given to the opposite direction. At this stage the same applies but in the opposite direction. Push the Lockout in the opposite direction. The spring slips and resets tension for the previous direction.

Where should the upper end of this spring be to maintain tension? I know which way the tension should be; I just can't maintain it. I can see very little of the Lockout assembly and have even less to work with so any advice is greatly greatly welcome.:icon_bounceblue:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals