• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 4.0 A/C Mystery Component

broncc

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
My credo
Giving my truck more money than it deserves.
I'm trying to vacuum my newly installed A/C system and I discovered a leak... Well, its more of a hole.

1655570037413.png

This is taken from the perspective of behind and below of the A/C compressor. This is the line that goes to the "high side" of the system. This is an aftermarket A/C hose, but the original one also has a hole without anything. I believe it might be some pressure valve, but replacements claim to have a 3/8th thread. This hole nearly threaded in an M12 bolt. If anyone could take a look and tell me what is on their truck it would be helpful, thanks.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
You may end up buying one of these plug off fittings. https://www.apairinc.com/shopping/?ic=4330

Where did you buy the hose assembly? They make everything universal now, so they may have a block-off fitting for your application. I see some trucks have various pressure sensors in the lines right there.

Last edited:

broncc

Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
My credo
Giving my truck more money than it deserves.
Where did you buy the hose assembly? They make everything universal now, so they may have a block-off fitting for your application. I see some trucks have various pressure sensors in the lines right there.
I just grabbed it off rock auto. It seems the Four Seasons brand one that I didn't buy cause it was double the price includes this plug/fitting/sensor/valve.

1655575984104.png

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad