• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 2.3 rwd with 265 75r15

mhmitszach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Your front shocks will likely work with a spacer lift, but not very well. You'll probably have an inch or two of downtravel at most in the suspension, which will cause the suspension to top out and jerk the truck back down with a clunk after you've gone over a speed hump or other dip in the road.

A temporary stop-gap measure that can help is to space the shocks downward some at the top stud. I've seen stud extender kits available for this, though anything up to one inch you probably can do just by sticking some washers or another nut underneath the shock bushing. Only caveat is you'll need to use a locknut & Loctite to keep the nut in place afterward, as you will no longer be able to crank the nut all the way down 'till it stops without crushing the bushings (a closed-end (cap) nut might work also, you could then tighten it until it contacts the end of the shock stud, which would keep it in place the same).
So I definitely want to replace them with a nice set of matching 4x4 shocks all around!

Any suggestions? I'm not off roading, just trying to get a clean setup.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Bilstein 5100 & KYB Gas-A-Just are two I typically recommend for a nice ride & handling all around (both street & off road). I've also seen some offerings similar to KYB from Gabriel, though I've no personal experience with them. I would suggest avoid all shocks that are not nitrogen gas-charged, as they tend to be more harsh over bumps and have less damping ability than gas shocks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals