• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Vacuum diagram 4.0 ohv v6

firemanst13

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I am in desperate need of a diagram that a dummy can read. I have a 1993 Ford Ranger 2door extended cab xlt 4.0l v6 5 speed manual. I have replaced the engine with a long block from Jegs and I think I have the vacuum lines corret but it does not always run good. I cant get the 900 RPM to stay, and sometimes it has good power and some very lacking. I have new fuel injectors for it just have not put them in yet, just want to make sure I have all the vacuum lines ran correctly first. Thank you ahead of time

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Here's one

There aren't very many vacuum lines on the 4.0. Which ones are you having trouble with?

firemanst13

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I have no idea, it is just running rough, bad vibration and loss of power. I think I finally figured out the vacuum lines, I had one under the fuel return that was not hooked up and there was one on the idle control that wasn't hooked up. I hooked those two up, but it didn't have any change in how it is running. Here is everything I have tried, replaced with long block, new plugs, fuel pump and sending unit, MAF, idle control, new fuel injectors, cleaned the throttle body. All I can think of now. When I first started after the build, it ran like a sewing machine, smooth, plenty of power, but it has been going downhill since and getting worse. I also drained the gas tank and new fuel filter and clutch and all that stuff you would change when you have it as far apart as I had mine. I need help, nothing I do really makes it worse and for sure not better. I did try starting it last night with full throttle which I was told can check your fuel injectors from leaking and it did not even act like it wanted to start. I am a little confused on the Manifold fitting and then to engine. I have one that goes to my air breather box to the VDB, but I don't see it on the drawing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals