• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 STX 4x4 Restoration | Project Peggy

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
20200511_183147.png

Thats the chinesist thing I've ever seen. :icon_rofl:

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Went over to black.

JoAnn Fabrics carries top notch headliner material that has backer as well.
I would have checked Joanns but they're not open in my city at the moment, so amazon was the best i could do. It worked out, it wasn't hard at all.... Makes me wonder why i waited this long haha.

Last edited:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I have an almost identical camera setup, I absolutely love it, and even being chinesium its been running flawlessly for 2 years now. :icon_thumby:

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
I have an almost identical camera setup, I absolutely love it, and even being chinesium its been running flawlessly for 2 years now. :icon_thumby:
I haven't used it in the wild yet, but it's pretty dope. It's the most high-tech thing i have in the entire truck haha.

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
I finally got the headliner fabric in the mail and redid mine in a couple hours, start to finish. Really simple and easy, and i think it turned out well for my first time. Only broke two plastic tabs, which is pretty good for them being 27 years old.

I also had my visors professionally redone locally for $50 from a guy who's done custom hot rod and classic car upholstery for years. He did good work.

While i had my headliner out, i installed the double cam system. I routed the power cable and rear cam wire on the ceiling for a cleaner look. I made a quick metal bracket for the rear cam so it can mount on my license plate. It's a fun toy with tons of features. I leave the thing recording when i'm driving in case i catch anything meaningful.

Since this cam system requires power and I didn't want the plug to stick out of my one and only 12V port all the time, i got an additional power station to not only power the cams, but as an additional source to power anything via usb (2 port, 2.1A each). I went with this one because it came with a switch so i can power everything on at my discretion, and it lights up green to match my night lights. I made a bracket for it, leaving a slight angle on either side to match the angle of my dash. It works well and it fits the space nicely.

I went to the junkyard over the weekend i got the power door harnesses because i want to convert my manual ones. Still need to buy the lock actuators and window regulators/motors before i do the conversion. I'm also still in the market for an exhaust system before i install my borla headers. I might just do a custom true duel setup.

Evans7647

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello projectRanger, NICE looking setup and I am in the process of doing a 1993 Ford Ranger up with the 4.0 Liter and is the Part Number for them? Where did you find those Borla Headers if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals