• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Ranger headlight mount

clarencedonath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
Hello,

I cannot locate a mount for the headlight.
I have purchased two new replacement headlights that come with two adjustable mounts, but there is a third mount that a nub on the bottom of the headlight seats to, which is broken on my Ranger.
I have been looking through the headlight and front-end breakdowns of parts for this year, but I cannot find any mention of this particular piece.
I am attaching a photo of this mount from the driver side headlight. It is the black piece in which the headlight sits.
Help in locating the part number or a source for this part is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

86merc5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I'll check I may have a couple, I'll check when I get home. ( I'm in Clarksville Tn. there light so shipping should not be much ). , Michael.

clarencedonath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
I'm still looking for this. If anyone has a part number that should help me find it.
Thank you.

clarencedonath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
I am ALL SET. 86merc5.0 hooked me up BIG TIME. New headlights are installed with all mounts. You are a hero of the community. Some appreciation is on its way to you for shipping and your trouble. Thank you again.

86merc5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey Clarence, Glad to help. do you have factory fog lights on your truck?. Michael.

clarencedonath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
Hi Michael. No, no fog lights. It's a strange (to me) STX, with a long bed and V6 4L. It's my wife's truck which she custom ordered back in 93. I asked her once if she wanted fog lights and other stuff, but she doesn't. She's really happy with the repaired headlights. :)

86merc5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
That's good ( HAPPY WIFE=HAPPY LIFE ). I was asking because I also found a brand new still unopened Ford ( Ranger foglight on with high beam on ) plug n play harness. If she decides she wants fog lights, I found really good led lights at Tractor supply ( them have complete harness/switch/fuse/battery connections ) I bent some steel plate ( from Homedepot ) & mounted them to the flat section of the bumper brace on one of my Rangers ( It didn't have factory fog lights either--it is an xlt ).

clarencedonath

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger STX
Transmission
Manual
Damn straight happy life right now. :D Thanks again to you -- the only one who came through local and online. The part is just missing from the parts catalog for the year, and I couldn't find it in adjacent series. Anyway, she doesn't want any upgrades -- she wants to keep it the way it's always been. Fog lights that stay on with high beams is rare and awesome. I imagine most vehicles are manufactured this way because there are those that don't pay very good attention to their high beams, and all that light can really blind people. TBH it's probably better that she doesn't have this anyway. LOL

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals