• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1992 ford ranger v6 3.0

hardyt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
So here is the scoop. I have recently got a 1992 Ford Ranger v6 3.0 180,000 miles 2 wd. I have had a few problems with it but nothing major. I have one problem left, the truck rattles when the clutch is not pushed in, I push the clutch all the way to the floor and the noise stops. I have been researching this problem on the internet and i come up with two different stories. One story is that the throw out bearing is bad. The other story is the input shaft on the transmission is bad. It is not a loud noise but i have a feeling it will be. Can someone please help me specify this? The clutch was replaced about 5,000 miles ago... so i was told, the clutch feels great. Shifting feels great also. Please Help. Now I will try to help someone else. So my truck was idling erratically up then down then up then almost dead then it would jump back up. I checked and cleaned the EGR, Checked and cleaned the IAC, checked and cleaned the MAF. Truck was still idling erratically. I used a jumper wire on the ecc self test under the hood on the passenger firewall. turned the key on not engine on and counted the blinks got code 157 MAF voltage to low. since i already cleaned the MAF i bit the bullet and replaced it for 90.00$.
Runs like a champ.
Also I was wondering what would happen if I do not fix the problem
Thanks in advance
Trevor

t0x1k

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slo
Transmission
Automatic
I bet the flywheel was not machined or replaced.

hardyt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
so you would say this is definatley a clutch problem and not a transmission problem?
whats worst case senario if i do not fix this?
thanks

PRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I thought both the throwout and the input shaft bearings put out a squeak... like a bad bearing... when the clutch is pushed in the squeaking should stop. Not sure what you mean by "rattle" :dunno:... If it is the input or throwout Drive it til it breaks I have heard of people driving with them squeaky for 50k miles and counting. With 180k+ on the truck I just wouldn't throw anymore money into having the trans taken apart. my 2cents

hardyt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
okay thanks for the advice. i mean rattle by a couple marbles in a tin can rolling around if you understand that a little better.
thanks again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals