• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1992 Door Speaker Replacements?

e21pilot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm replacing the power window mechanisms on the doors of my 1992 extended cab Ranger.

While I'm in there I through I would replace the speakers since one is cracking.

Any recommendations on an exact fit and impedance match speaker as I want to continue to run the stock stereo.

I might even replace the back speakers with I think are 6x9 while I am at it.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I bought my speakers through Crutchfield. I don't remember what brand/model I got. But they sound good. Crutchfield's web page will tell you what speakers fit your truck. They also throw in extra mounting hardware and stuff.

When I was shopping, It seems I was seeing conflicting info about what size speakers I needed for doors and behind the seat. The ones I got had mounting ears to fit several mounting configurations like 5x7 and 6x8 or something like that.

oolbreeze

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am stereo freak Have 500 watts in my car and 12 in my 1991 ranger. Grew up next to the owner of 4 car audio shops and new the alpine, fosgate and pioneer reps drove fosgate van to six flags at age 16. ref for credibility. As far as the 6x9 in rear if budget build I put a set of 4 way scosh speakers in and ran off head unit and sounds every bit as good as my MB quart 6x9 in my car and no amp needed.
My truck has 6x9 in door thanks to previous owner so window is about 1.5 inches from fully rolled down. but I think they are 5x8 or 5x6. There is no need to hunt name brand and sonic electronix is much better than crutchfield which are overpriced and sales motivated. My Mb quartz are actually a product of a deal between MB and west coast customs who where allowed to upgrade the power range and through their name on it. This info is disclosed with product. I paid 99 dollars for 4 and they had a amp matched for 99 dollars so 4 150 watt 3way and a 1200 watt amp 200 dollars. I have type R 3000 watt subs which sale for 300 plus each. I got 2 in a box for 350 hunt the deals sonic electronix built my entire system battery back 1500 dollars .

oolbreeze

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ps those 4 way scosh 34 dollars set walmart

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals