• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

SOLVED: 1990 Bii A4LD Valve Body rebuild with ZERO engagement.

A4LD_Nghtme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II XLT 4
Transmission
Automatic
Hey there all!!! I've officially searched through this site, FTE, and even explorer forums(posted this on there too) but still can't find a straight answer as to a possible problem with my trans. Here is what I changed:
Transtec valve body gaskets.
Transgo and Superior Shift kit combined.
Sonnax Manual Valve Index.
Power Torque 106 TCC.
Power Torque 107 3-4.
Standard Ignition Modulator Valve.

That and I redid the the engine with MSD wires and a coil, autolite irridium sparks, fel pro blue valve cover gaskets, blue streak cap, and motocraft rotor. The engine is much better now that I have zero leaks(trans pan gasket and driver side valve cover gaskets were toast) but I have ZERO engagement after reinstalling the valve body and attaching the s link to the manual valve with the Sonnax index sleeve.

What could be my possible issues?

The TCC solenoid I got from oreillys has no mount like the original? Could pressure have blown the new one out and created a loss of pressure since it's just held in with the single clip that is similar to the one the 3-4 uses as well but that one gets another clip while installing the body to make it snug. Maybe my s link isn't lining the manual valve up correctly? ATF fluid needs a small drain of a few Oz rn so it's not low fluid level. Please help and much love to all the forums! At least she sounds beautiful. Just can't get her moving and that's a bummer. Before I swapped anything I had selectable 1 and 2, drive only rode 1st, and slammed into reverse. Now I have park and neutral only(everything is essentially neutral minus park). Thank you for any information that can assist me. I hope you all are having a great day!!!

Last edited:

A4LD_Nghtme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II XLT 4
Transmission
Automatic
Just wanted to post an update for all that may see this.
When you drop the valve body and leave it to drain for a few days it really let's loose a lot more fluid than i anticipated. Quick fix was 4 extra qts on top of the 3 i already did and she shifted and has been great for 1400 miles. This was a while ago. Beginners idiocy for sure.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks for posting your fix.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals