• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 Corba Ranger

svt3773

01/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2014 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have had my 1989 Ranger XLT for 4 years now but is the first time posting it online.Have lots of mods in the past year started off with the suspension lowering it with Djm dream beams and bbk springs thicker sway bar up front and bell tech shocks with flip kit in the rear and cal-trac traction bars. Then i decided to due the interior since i was short on cash at the time. Ended up get ting 04 ranger 2 tone blk/grey bench seat, redoing my headliner,94 explorer visors,upgrading to power windows and a nice momo jet steering wheel plus a kicker sound system.Money came in and swapped the 2.9 for a 97 expo 302 motor/trans due to wanting more power. I'm running the stock headers with no cats with SLP loudmouth mufflers the neighbors don't like those.Swapped out the weak rear end shortly after with an 8.8 tru-trac posi and 4:10 gears working great with the explorer trans gearing.Then i did a full respray shaving the mirror and tail gate holes and adding a custom made cervinis mach 1 hood and pace edwards retractable cover. I ended up getting stock 94 gt mustang wheels and sanding/polishing the lips then painting the center to go for the 93 cobra r look. Thinking of trying to get a supercharger next but not sure how to accomplish that. Hope u guys like more pics to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

BRONCONUT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95~'00
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8~4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I like it, not a big fan of those wheels but they work. A set of Cobra wheels would look nice on it. Maybe even with a little wider stance.

svt3773

01/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2014 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks I feel exactly the same way just wanted something different. Im saving up for some nice Tru forged wheels.

XLTsplash

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I love the hood on your truck and I like the way you painted the wheels and polished the edges. Nice steering wheel choice too! You have a great looking Ranger. I was with my Dad when he bought a new Ranger in 1989, I've always liked the boxy body with the flush head lights. I added the tailgate dress up panel to my dads 89, I paint the main part of the panel black then put a tape stripe in the groove and left the edge bright then installed a 82 Mustang GT hood scoop and Magnum 500 wheels. It was a great truck that went more than 325K with no problems, The only thing that ever broke on the truck was the parking brake cable and clutch. My dad towed a boat that was too much for the 2.3L stock clutch, it didn't wear out the metal just broke on two clutches , so I replaced it with a Ford Motorsport clutch and never had another problem with it. The thing that stopped that poor Ranger was a Chevelle hitting it head on.

Last edited:

westchase19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Love your truck man. first time i've seen that set of wheels and didn't hate them. look good painted that way! lol

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Wow, just saw your truck in the TOTM banner, awesome ride!
Looks very well done in these shots, great job!!!

Exenos

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'm normally not a fan of street trucks but this is just pure awesome. I like the fact that its not too flashy, borderline subtle.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Brother without a doubt you've got the baddest street truck on The Ranger Station. Some folks might argue my opinion but the 1st and 2nd Generation Rangers have always been my favorite and yours is the best one I've seen yet. And unlike most other folks I'm a big fan of the wheels, Lol.

86 Ranger 5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That truck is nice, the hood is sweet. You should put it on YouTube so we can here it

alters1did

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
That is one nice ranger sir. I really liked the wheels so I already looked and bought some. I just got my ranger 1991 4.0 xlt long bed single cab. Only mod so far is pioneer sound and the ft wheels no tires yet.. wondering what size to go with.. do your wheels fit good ?

Flit-e

11/2012 STOTM 04/2014 MTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Twin Turbo'd 393w
Transmission
Automatic
Simply amazing! Looking forward to see the S/C Cobra!

Sent from the 307.

Last edited:

LeftyG14

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
where did you get the front chin spoiler i want one for my gen 2 but not finding anything , ebay even does not show something like it ?

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
where did you get the front chin spoiler i want one for my gen 2 but not finding anything , ebay even does not show something like it ?
Looks like a factory fog light valance from a 94-97 Ranger. They're super cheap and pretty easy to find.

svt3773

01/2014 MTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2014 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals