• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 Bronco ii Trouble taking off

Southernboy1992

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford bronco ii
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,new here. So i purchased this 89 bronco ii back in the winter time and its been a great little ride, 2.9 Auto and 4x4. Well here recently ive been hearing a little bit of a loud noise which it sounds like its coming out of the torque converter. I have also noticed, even when i first bought it, when you shift into reverse and drive it has slack in it. U-joints are perfect and no slack in the rear end. And i have heard a noise also that sounds like chains dragging under it. The other day it had trouble taking off but no slipping. Like something holding it back but when it finally took off i heard the chain noise again. When its in 4wd it doesn't jerk hard. Am I starting to have problems with the 2wd chain in the transfer case and would you guys recommending changing the trans fluid as well? Its at 103k miles. I need help guys and i would greatly appreciate it!!!!

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
The transfer case only uses the chain in 4x4 mode. But I would check the fluid level in the transfer case. I know on the larger trucks they like to leak.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals