• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 460 efi

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
This is my dads truck. He is having problems with it running ritch and flooding after it gets worm. The truck will start but smoke (thick black smoke) like crazy. I think it might be the fuel pressure reg or the injectors stuck open but his nabor read the codes and told him it was the engine temp sender or sensor. I have not been over to read the codes yet as he lives far away. This problem started out of the blue. He drives it everyday and never had an issue. One day he started it up and it ran like crap and shut off. It will start but flood after the rpms drop. Any ideas???

99RangerBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it definitely could be that sensor because it is one of the many sensors that tells the ECU what the air fuel ratio should be and that sensor also tells it if the motor is cold and needs extra fuel similar to that of a choke, just try replace it and see if it works.

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
take it out and put a dual quad set up and stick it in a bronco 2....that will fix it

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
it definitely could be that sensor because it is one of the many sensors that tells the ECU what the air fuel ratio should be and that sensor also tells it if the motor is cold and needs extra fuel similar to that of a choke, just try replace it and see if it works.
Any idea where the sensor is?

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
take it out and put a dual quad set up and stick it in a bronco 2....that will fix it
I tryed getting him to put it in my 79 Mustang. He said no. The B2 is getting a 302 next year.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals