• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1988 ranger plus some 1993 expl.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
at the junk yard i found an explorer(93) with the premium sound, i pulled the whole rear setup (amps + sub) my question is
1. which amp does the speakers, theres a silver one and a black one
2 what is the pin out for above amp (left, right, power)
i think the amp for the sub is straight forward right? the rca cable (the radio has a pre out) and power...

the reason i am posting what could be easy for others is all the diagrams i see only show one amp but the unit i pulled has two...

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this is what iv found but its not helpful, the black amp has three connection one goes to the second amp and the other two are mystery connections, one has all the color coded wires that is in the link, my question is, is that the from amp to speakers, or from hu to amp? and whats the last one for? also its going into a ranger

Last edited:

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
although i dont know if this will help now that you are away from the vehicle.

the sub amp should have 5 inputs rca L and R, power, ground, remote, and 2 out power and ground. check wire color on the sub and see if there is a corosponding color on either amp.

the speaker amp should have the same inputs (possibility) unless ford sent line level signal to it (doubtful), but will have a total of 4 pairs of outputs.

also you can call a friendly ford parts counter dealer on a slow day and they should be able to run a part number and tell you what one of them is and then giving you what the other is. The dealer i call is power ford here in valencia ca, ask for Simon and if he is slow he will do all he can to help you

JHall

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know this has nothing to do with helping you but i am having trouble with my new stereo and it is acting like i have an amp that is not hooked up. I am wonder how to see if i have a premium sound system

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals