• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so I have no revers lights in my Bronco II - A4LD trans and 4x4. I first replaced the NSS thnking that was the issue - still no lights. Also its starting in all gear positions now. Will get to that later....

As far as the light issue goes - I Tested Purple/Orange wire in harness and have 12v+ when key is on and when engine running. Jumped that wire to Black/Pink for backup lights, no lights.

Went to wires near gas tank at rear wheel well, spliced back and hooked jumper to 12v source, lights came on.

Next came up to engine compartment. Found harness for body lights. Unhooked the plug, ran 12v to black/pink and to ground - lights come on. Then tried just 12v to the wire, lights came on proving ground is good.

Also tested after this plug and found lights came on. I also just ran a “power only” source to that blk/pink wire and the lights came on, that again confirms the grounds are ok.

So all I can come up with so far is that when the NSS is in reverse, no power is coming through from the switch up to where ever it travels into the cab and then out to the body harness.

I have no idea where the black/pink wire runs to inside the truck. I do not want to start cutting harness apart for no reason and possibly effecting other things. Does anyone have a real manual that shows where it runs. Haynes manual is too vague and not correct here.

Also - my truck still starts in all gears with new NSS. That has me baffled too. I can not see any cuts in wires or splices in the harness from the NSS up behind the firewall to the starter solenoid. This is an NOS Ford switch. Is there some sort of adjustment procedure on these screw in NSS?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
You keep talking about the NSS. Reverse lights aren't supposed to come on in neutral. Isn't there a separate switch for reverse?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Automatic
You keep talking about the NSS. Reverse lights aren't supposed to come on in neutral. Isn't there a separate switch for reverse?
For an automatic like mine - its all contained in the NSS. Only manuals have a separate plug.

groovtubin

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ok so I have no revers lights in my Bronco II - A4LD trans and 4x4. I first replaced the NSS thnking that was the issue - still no lights. Also its starting in all gear positions now. Will get to that later....

As far as the light issue goes - I Tested Purple/Orange wire in harness and have 12v+ when key is on and when engine running. Jumped that wire to Black/Pink for backup lights, no lights.

Went to wires near gas tank at rear wheel well, spliced back and hooked jumper to 12v source, lights came on.

Next came up to engine compartment. Found harness for body lights. Unhooked the plug, ran 12v to black/pink and to ground - lights come on. Then tried just 12v to the wire, lights came on proving ground is good.

Also tested after this plug and found lights came on. I also just ran a “power only” source to that blk/pink wire and the lights came on, that again confirms the grounds are ok.

So all I can come up with so far is that when the NSS is in reverse, no power is coming through from the switch up to where ever it travels into the cab and then out to the body harness.

I have no idea where the black/pink wire runs to inside the truck. I do not want to start cutting harness apart for no reason and possibly effecting other things. Does anyone have a real manual that shows where it runs. Haynes manual is too vague and not correct here.

Also - my truck still starts in all gears with new NSS. That has me baffled too. I can not see any cuts in wires or splices in the harness from the NSS up behind the firewall to the starter solenoid. This is an NOS Ford switch. Is there some sort of adjustment procedure on these screw in NSS?
this may sound silly, i had WATER in my sockets, dryed, replaced bulbs, n all good now..87 Bronco II

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals