• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1987 Ranger Project

Terrys87

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Finding parts for an 88 Ford is nothing like finding parts on a Citroen. You did good on that and it does look like a gangster car. I think it is cool looking. I too like all kinds of cars. They had unique style and sometimes it was the top of the options at their time. My kids do not understand that AC, Power Steering, Power Brakes... were considered an option and not standard.

I have a soft spot for the 289. I had a 67 Mustang with a 289 in it. First time I really learned how to work on cars. Got a Haynes manual and step by step is how I did it.

You have a nice fleet of Fords in the background. I see some ugly cars and trucks being faded or dented up. Some great body work and paint can make a complete difference in what some would consider junk to great.

Looking good with the work you have done in getting the panel straight. Primer and paint hides all of the work you put into it, but it is rewarding when you know where the damage was at and then it can't be seen.

Awesom-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks Terry. Many of those are potential future projects. Definitely the 75 Ford full-size Ranger. Just a couple dents and some small rust spots and paint. Interior is almost new looking except for the shag carpet. Lol. The 52 Coupe DeVille is my fav, but it’s a total basket case. Maybe just an LS swap and it can be a Rattie Caddie? As for the Citroen, had to network with other owners on FB and one guy in PA that deals with these cars. Lucky as rust was minimal and just some dents to contend with.
IMG_7953.jpeg
IMG_3037.jpeg

How she looked the day we got it.
IMG_0972.jpeg
IMG_9626.jpeg

Awesom-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Front fender is done. Had to redo the welded patch I originally did and added some thin rod and weld to the edge to help with the gap issue. I’m still a bit of a student/weekend warrior at this bodywork stuff but it’s fun, even with the mess and dust everywhere. Added some high build primer to smooth out some sanding scratches I made getting a little impatient with the 80 grit. Just wouldn’t come out with the 220 good enough.
This is the third time I’ve added filler and sanded it almost completely off. This fender has fought me the entire time the sumbich. 😂
Anyways, it’s all one color again and it finally fits with some shimming. Gonna hang it tomorrow.

Got the box blocked today too. Hope to get it in primer tomorrow and set it on the truck.
IMG_6954.jpeg
IMG_6958.jpeg
IMG_6959.jpeg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals