• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1987 Manual Transfer Case Wiring Questions

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im confused on the connectors for the 4x4 lights. One my 87 ranger that had an electric 1350 i found the 2 wire connector for the lights. However the 87 Bronco 2 that we got the manual 1350 from there is no 2 wire connector for the lights its tied into a larger connector i believe. Is this right or am i just imagining things?

Rolled Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
What are these lights you are talking about? I found a 2 in connector on the top of my t-case but there is nothing plugged into it. Is there supposed to be? Where would these lights be?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you talking about dash lights?

i cant remember exactly, but you should have one pigtail leftover that doesnt go anywhere. it'll be the old one that went to the shift motor. obviously, you dont need it now.

i did this swap a while back and i have lights on my dash that never lit up when i had the eletric t-case.

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i found the two wire one on my ranger i was just curious about why it was diffrent on the 87 bronco 2 i pulled the tranny and transfer case out of (it was the same year and engine and i believe its all original my ranger had an automatic and electric transfer case) the wire from the electric one is just tucked up out of the way until i pull the carpet to replace it and then pull the wiring

fyre82

Firefighter
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
9" on the 2000, 6" on the '88
Tire Size
265/75/16, 31x10.50x15
My credo
The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime
There should be another switch on the transfer. It is by the shift linkage on the side of the transfer. That is where I plugged in a 2 wire connector after an auto to manual swap. I activates the dash 4x4 light but not the low range light.
This loom goes into the engine compartment to another 2 wire connector. On my swap it was a separate loom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals