• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1987 Ford Ranger STX

LilGreenRanger87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V-6
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone. I have a 1987 Ranger STX and i am looking to lift it. The local 4x4 shop told me i couldnt get a lift bigger then 4 inches for it but i wanted to put a 6 on it. If anyone could help me out that would be great! Id like to not have to put it on myself because im really busy with work but i will if i have to.

djt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I dont know if youve already done the lift, but as far as buying a lift you'll only be able to get 4 more inches out of a 6 inch lift. The STXs have the highrider which is 2 inch lift from the factory and no manufacturers sell option specific lifts so just deduct 2 inches from the lift you buy and that'll be the lift you'll get. I found out the hard way and had to buy the 4 inch lift radius arm brackets and axle drop brackets just for a 2 inch coil spring spacer. Maybe you'll have an easier time than i did with mine.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I dont know if youve already done the lift, but as far as buying a lift you'll only be able to get 4 more inches out of a 6 inch lift. The STXs have the highrider which is 2 inch lift from the factory and no manufacturers sell option specific lifts so just deduct 2 inches from the lift you buy and that'll be the lift you'll get. I found out the hard way and had to buy the 4 inch lift radius arm brackets and axle drop brackets just for a 2 inch coil spring spacer. Maybe you'll have an easier time than i did with mine.
not all STX trucks had the (optional) highrider suspension. in fact most of the trucks DID NOT.

to the OP: you shouldnt have any trouble finding a 6 inch lift for the TTB, and if in fact you do have a highrider front end, it will only lift it about 4" over stock.

mp3deviant721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l of fury
Transmission
Manual
Theres tons of lifting options for the TTB trucks. Look in the Tech Library.

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah do alittle research. youll be suprise at all the options.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals