• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1986 ranger diesel parts

Wildchikin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Manual
Anyone have extra parts for these? I have an 86 ranger diesel that I love very much and have done a lot of work to it. It's been very reliable and a lot of fun to have. The previous owner did not take care of it so I'm always looking for random stuff. Right now I'd really like to find a tachometer, mine is severely sun faded. Appreciate your help and I'm trying to network with people that have these things and like me trying to keep them going. Thank you

strange ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 TD
Transmission
Manual
I also have a 1986 diesel. Funny enough, I just had my gauges restored by an outfit called White Gauges. The supply new faces or will do it for you. They did not have a diesel set available so I sent them mine and they made a full product line from it. They sent mine back - looks great! They didn't charge me because they've been wanting to add that for so long.

Wildchikin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Manual
Thank you! I tried to find it on their site with no luck. Could you post a link please?

ddb maine

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a few parts for the 2.3l. I bought a 2.2l block and some other odds and ends and after going through them I'm realizing a bunch of this stuff is 2.3l hence why it was not on the block. I've got what appears to be an alternator? its got an oil line on it.... wierd. Oil pickup/pump, oil filter housing and a starter with relay and wiring harness. I assume everything functions, i dont have a 2.3 to put it on but it all looks good to go from my eyes.

Wildchikin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Manual
I know on a Toyota diesel the alternator had a vacuume pump on it and an oil line for lubrication. Could you take a pic of what you have and post it? Where are you located? On the gagues I emailed the company and they got back to me. Thanks everybody!

ddb maine

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ill get a photo up tomorrow. i'm in maine

ddb maine

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My internet is way too slow right now to load photos. Someone else must have moved into town..

VICTORHUGO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0 STOCK
Transmission
Automatic
HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR THE STARTER WITH SHIPPING FOR UPS OR USPS GROUND TO CALIFORNIA 92114 ZIP CODE? AND YOU DONT HAVE A GLOW PLUGS?

I HAVE THE 2.3 TURBO ENGINE BUT I WANNA START THE ENGINE,I BOUGHT FROM THE JUNKYARD AS IS AND SEE IF MAKE NOISES OR SMOKE FOR OVERHAULING OR TEAR DOWN ALL THE ENGINE IN PARTS,I DONT WANNA PUT TO MUCH MONEY FOR THAT REASON I NEED GLOW PLUGS FOR CLOSING THE HOLE OF THE HEAD IS NOT PROBLEM IF DONT WORK!!

P.S AND I AM ALMOST SURE THAT ENGINE THE OIL PUMP IS LOCATED IN THE BACK OF THE ALTERNATOR :icon_surprised::icon_surprised:

ddb maine

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'd take $75 for the starter shipped to Cali. I'd do a USPS priority box though. No ups near me. Paypal only. Delaneym6823 at gmail.com

jesselee20040

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 about to swap in 2.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Manual
HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOR THE STARTER WITH SHIPPING FOR UPS OR USPS GROUND TO CALIFORNIA 92114 ZIP CODE? AND YOU DONT HAVE A GLOW PLUGS?

I HAVE THE 2.3 TURBO ENGINE BUT I WANNA START THE ENGINE,I BOUGHT FROM THE JUNKYARD AS IS AND SEE IF MAKE NOISES OR SMOKE FOR OVERHAULING OR TEAR DOWN ALL THE ENGINE IN PARTS,I DONT WANNA PUT TO MUCH MONEY FOR THAT REASON I NEED GLOW PLUGS FOR CLOSING THE HOLE OF THE HEAD IS NOT PROBLEM IF DONT WORK!!

P.S AND I AM ALMOST SURE THAT ENGINE THE OIL PUMP IS LOCATED IN THE BACK OF THE ALTERNATOR :icon_surprised::icon_surprised:
Just an fyi: If you got a motor out of a Mitsubishi it is a vacuum pump on the back of your alternator. The ford ranger's had a separate vacuum pump.

ddb maine

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Just an fyi: If you got a motor out of a Mitsubishi it is a vacuum pump on the back of your alternator. The ford ranger's had a separate vacuum pump.
According to this statement. The salt is mitsu specific.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals