• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1985 Eddie Bauer Bronco II

Gordy K

Reaction score
Just bought a 1985 4x4, manual trans Bronco II and am hoping to find technical support and possible sources of parts for the vehicle. First task at hand is to replace the 3 parking brake cables and get that working again. Thanks for the add to the forum.

Attachments

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Welcome!

Nice truck! Looks like a time capsule.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
You're getting around @Gordy K

I saw you over on the Bronco Corral

So... welcome to TRS too

PNW Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Fantastic looking Bronco II! Welcome to the forum.

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
Welcome to the site. Nice looking BII.

Gordy K

Reaction score
Fantastic looking Bronco II! Welcome to the forum.
Thank you. I sold Fords back from 1992 until 1999 and never thought too much about the Bronco IIs- The Explorer was all the buzz. Sold a couple used Bronco IIs in that time but still didn't think too much of them. Retired now and moved to S Carolina from Illinois and got interested in first gen Broncos but didn't feel like plopping down 70-120 grand for one. Saw a couple Bronco IIs around and thought they are pretty unique in their own right. Watched Craigs List, Market Place, and E Bay and got a feel for prices and what I liked and didn't care for. I found this one 3 hours away up in N Carolina. It was a manual trans which I wanted, manual hubs, and not a basket case. I trailered it home to be safe. Kind of ran like crap but it came with a service manual. Brakes are great, shifted nicely, and 4x4 worked. Engine ran terrible cold and idled way too high warmed up. Ends up the choke was set to not close at all when starting it and they had set the idle way high to try and keep it running. Set the choke properly and it starts and runs smooth when cold and dialed the idle way down. Runs and drives like a dream now. Even told the wife it's ready for her to take for a spin. She wasn't impressed with how it ran or drove initially.
I have new parking brake cables to put on it and have a short in the dash lights that blows a fuse so will need to pull the dash panel.
Has any one used the dash overlay I see in ads? Mine is more discolored (only one crack below the open storage area above glove box) so maybe can just get it dyed. Also need a left side A Pillar trim piece as this one in broken.

Is there a Classified section on the forum to buy and sell vehicles or parts?

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.

PNW Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you. I sold Fords back from 1992 until 1999 and never thought too much about the Bronco IIs- The Explorer was all the buzz. Sold a couple used Bronco IIs in that time but still didn't think too much of them. Retired now and moved to S Carolina from Illinois and got interested in first gen Broncos but didn't feel like plopping down 70-120 grand for one. Saw a couple Bronco IIs around and thought they are pretty unique in their own right. Watched Craigs List, Market Place, and E Bay and got a feel for prices and what I liked and didn't care for. I found this one 3 hours away up in N Carolina. It was a manual trans which I wanted, manual hubs, and not a basket case. I trailered it home to be safe. Kind of ran like crap but it came with a service manual. Brakes are great, shifted nicely, and 4x4 worked. Engine ran terrible cold and idled way too high warmed up. Ends up the choke was set to not close at all when starting it and they had set the idle way high to try and keep it running. Set the choke properly and it starts and runs smooth when cold and dialed the idle way down. Runs and drives like a dream now. Even told the wife it's ready for her to take for a spin. She wasn't impressed with how it ran or drove initially.
I have new parking brake cables to put on it and have a short in the dash lights that blows a fuse so will need to pull the dash panel.
Has any one used the dash overlay I see in ads? Mine is more discolored (only one crack below the open storage area above glove box) so maybe can just get it dyed. Also need a left side A Pillar trim piece as this one in broken.

Is there a Classified section on the forum to buy and sell vehicles or parts?
Gordy:
I don't know who is buying the 1st Gen Broncos now, but they have more free cash than I do. I think you're right in that the Bronco II is kind of cool in its own right, and affordable. It's also good looking, Ford got the styling right. Most of those 1st Gen Broncos are very basic (I owned one back in the 1970's) and a higher trim Bronco II has amenities like 3 point seat belts, air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, and power windows, disc front brakes. etc. My 1st Gen Bronco had none of those things.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals