• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1985 and 1989 bronco II owner

chayse brooks

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I thought I would post to here to introduce my self. I own a 1985 bronco II 2.8 v6 --- this is my to be trail rig, I also just became the owner of a 1989 bronco II with the 2.9 v6. I picked up the 89 for 600 and was going to use it for parts but then I got to looking around and thought hey why not have two running drive-able bronco IIs plus this one is way nicer than my 85 as it has a/c cruse control, and is a lot more put together than the 85. oh I forgot to mention it came with another complete 2.9 and complete upper and lower intake. The guy I bought it from had said there was no spark and he couldn't get it running, but so far I've spent 20 bucks and switched two electrical connections and it gets spark now. all thats left for the 89 is going to be fixing a rust hole on the roof and for some reason its missing the spring shackle on the back passenger side, then paint and done.
As for the 85..... This is my first bronco II which I have learned everything I know about them on (thanks to TRS and the Broncocorall and a guy known around where I live for being the go to person when your rbv breaks down). So for the 85. I plan on making this a trail rig, starting with sas and ending with maybe a 302 but we will see.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals