• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1984 Ranger 5.0 Clutch Problems. PLEASE HELP

madranger84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok so got my slave cylinder but my pushrod is super long, how did you fit yours in there?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I honestly don't remember having that problem - can you post a pic of the push rod you have?

Perhaps it could be cut down to the appropriate length?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Ah... I see. This is starting to come back to me now. I started with the '73 Land Cruiser slave cylinder (which came with a pushrod.) Thinking back, I am fairly certain now that I used that pushrod with the Speedway slave cylinder - although the two look really similar, yours is just longer. I don't think I actually ever had a Speedway pushrod but I am working off memory from 5 or 6 years ago.

This is the Land Cruiser slave cylinder I used just for your reference: I would try shortening the one you have by cutting off sections of the large end until you get the length you need.

madranger84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Oh ok, be able to make it work the way it is now I would be able to mount angle iron on the back instead of the front of that mount on the bellhousing

madranger84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok so I got it to mount where I need it last thing I need to know is how you made the line work? I have the 85 f150 line did u use something different or make this line work

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I used the factory Ranger one. I cut the slave cylinder end off of it and found a compression fitting at the hardware store that fit it - take the hose with you and buy a compression washer that fits the hydraulic line, as well as the same size compression nut and female fitting, plus whatever adapter will make the female fitting screw into your slave cylinder. Should need 3-4 pieces total.

madranger84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/oap/site/c/detail/PTQ5/85204/01440.oap?year=1985&make=Ford&model=F-150&vi=1121612&ck=Search_Clutch+Hose_1121612_-1&search=true&keyword=Clutch Hose

This is the hose I'm working with, it's nylon is it similar to the ranger clutch hose? I've just never done anything with compression fittings so I don't really know how they work or go together.
I'm guessing it's close enough to the Ranger hose that it won't make a difference.

Compression fittings are three pieces, a washer, nut, and female fitting. The nut goes on the hose first, then the washer, which are both inserted into the female fitting and tightened up. The nut crushes the washer down and makes a seal. They are commonly used for plumbing.

madranger84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I finally got it to disengage thank you so much for all the help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals