• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1980s ford ranger motorhome

DCman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
P205/75-R14
Back in the 80's there were several companies that built small class c motor homes using Ford Rangers, Chevy S 10, Toyota pick ups.
They were popular during those years, and many are still out there. We see them very often when we're out camping. Those in good shape bring a premium when they go up for sale.
Sometimes they bring more than when they were new.
When Toyota came out with the 1-ton platform, all of a sudden, those little motor homes were all over the place.
I worked for Uhaul in '92, when they brought all the maintenance facilities back in-house and we still had a truck called a "TM", which was a 1-ton Toyota with 3 litre, automatic overdrive and dualies on a 10 foot box.
Those things were quick and comfortable to drive!
I used to jokingly called those Tiny Mover. ;)
I don't recall seeing the Ranger / S10 versions, but it makes sense that they would exist.
They must've used a bigger axle than standard though. I can't see a 7.5" rear end surviving for long under all that weight.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals